Below is a list of our most Frequently Asked Questions. If you have a question that was not answered below, please contact us and will be happy to answer your question(s).
Opening day is Saturday, November 18, 2023.
Due to the increased popularity of purchasing a live tree, Santa’s Evergreens highly recommends that you come as soon as possible to get your tree. The decision to close for the season is made based upon how many trees in the field have been cut and how many fresh cut trees remain. As you can appreciate, this changes daily. We carefully choose the date to close the field to ensure we have sustainable, quality trees for future years. Please continue to check our Latest News for an update on our seasonal products selection and availability.
Professional photography sessions are allowed October 1st to November 15th. Learn more about professional photography.
- Monday through Friday: 1pm – 5pm
- Closed on Thanksgiving (11/23/23)
- Friday after Thanksgiving (11/24/23): 9am – 5pm
- Saturdays: 9am – 5pm
- Sundays: 10am – 5pm
- Each tree that is for sale has a tag attached to it that indicates the species of the tree and the price of the tree. The price on the tag includes sales tax. All firs start at $12/ft and spruces start $10/foot. Price per foot increases for trees taller than 9 ft. Please note that the shape and fullness of a tree are considered when the trees are priced.
- Porch pots range from $25 – $90 dependent on size (6” – 13” round and square) and the amount of decorations.
- Wreaths range from $38 – $60.
- All credit card charges will have a 4% convenience fee added.
Yes, credit cards are accepted. There is an added 4% convenience fee for the use of credit cards.
You are welcome to bring your dog to accompany in the selection of a tree. Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times and we ask that you clean up after your dog. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as “the poop fairy.” It is important that the surrounding area be kept clean as the only smells we want you to be leaving here with is that of your tree and perhaps the fire you enjoyed during your visit. By adhering to this request, it allows others the continued joy of being able to bring their dogs.
At Santa’s Evergreens we offer four types of trees: Fraser Fir, Canaan Fir, Balsam Fir, and Spruce. Each species has its own distinct characteristics that are highlighted below:
- Fraser Fir – Generally known as the “Cadillac” of Christmas Trees, this tree has short soft dark green needles with a silvery underside, stout branches, and is known for its needle retention.
- Balsam Fir – These trees are known best for their scent as they have the strongest pine scent. With short soft dark green needles and medium stout branches these trees are generally a little fuller than a Fraser fir. Needle retention, while not as good as a Fraser fir, is still good.
- Canaan Fir – These trees are relatively new to the market and can best be described as a cross between a Fraser and Balsam Fir. They have the scent of a Balsam but have the needles and needle retention similar to a Fraser.
- Spruce – We grow several varieties of spruce on the farm. All of the Spruce trees have short sharp needles, strong stiff branches, and range in color from medium green to blue. Needle retention is good.
In the field we grow Fraser Fir, Canaan Fir, and Spruce. The fresh cuts we offer are Fraser Fir, Balsam Fir, and Canaan Fir.
At Santa’s Evergreens all of the following services are provided and included in the price of your tree:
- Saws and Mats – We have bow saws and carpet squares for you to use when cutting your tree. The carpet squares serve two purposes – protects you and your clothes from the saw blade when carried and can be laid on the ground to keep you out of the dirt/snow/mud when cutting.
- Tree Transport – While you are welcome to bring in your tree from the field, we are also willing to help out. Once cut, if you can get it to the nearest pathway, we will come out with an ATV and trailer and bring it in for you.
- “New Cut” – Whether it is squaring off your field cut or giving your Fresh Cut tree a trim to enable it to drink we will trim your trunk as necessary.
- Base Trim – We will remove any bottom branches that you would like removed.
- Tree Shaking – With few exceptions we shake every tree to remove dead needles and debris that is in the tree. Some trees are too large for this process and at times it may be too cold to shake the tree. In extreme temperatures we have had the shaking process knock the tops off the tree.
- Tree Netting – This process condenses the tree to a much smaller size which makes it easier to put on your vehicle and get it in your house. We have two different sizes so no tree is too large.
- Tie On – We will tie your tree on your vehicle as long as we feel it is safe and will not damage your vehicle.
- Tree Drilling – If you have a stand that requires a hole in the trunk we will drill one for you. We have a machine, but ask that you be present to help with alignment purposes.
- Treat bags are provided for children.
Parking is conveniently located steps away from the tree field. During Thanksgiving weekend, the parking lot continuously turns over. We do our best to direct you to an open parking spot. If the parking lot is full you can park below the hill. We do ask that on busy days, folks with large trucks and trailers park below the hill as maneuvering large trucks and trailers can be tricky with families, children and dogs present.
We do allow pre-selection of trees to be cut down at a later date. Pre-selection is only allowed from November 1st – 17th, 2023 and is by appointment only. To schedule an appointment contact us.
There is a $20 charge for this convenience. Full payment for the tree and the “pre-selection” convenience fee must be made at the time of selection. Trees must be picked up no later than Sunday, December 3, 2023.
Due to the increased popularity of “pre-selection” there will be no exceptions made to the dates of “pre-selection” or pick up.
An indoor bathroom is available in the pole building. A sign is posted outside the door on the west side of the pole building. If you are unable to find the bathroom, please ask a staff member and they will assist.
Professional photography is allowed on the farm and we are excited to be part of the captured memories that you will cherish! While our primary focus is the Christmas season, the farm is beautiful all year round.
Professional photography sessions are only allowed October 1st to November 15th. The fee for sessions are $50/hour. After November 17th, informal photos that you take of your family’s experience getting the perfect Christmas tree from our farm are allowed and encouraged. We would very much enjoy knowing and seeing your experiences on social media platforms. If you are willing to share your photos with us, please contact us.
To book a professional photography session you must:
- Select a time for session
- Review, sign and submit our waiver form
- Complete payment
Payment for trees, porch pots and wreaths are handled at our Christmas house.
SOMETHING ABOUT CONTACTING.